Published on May 14th, 2019 | By Admin
Running a commercial kitchen such as in a restaurant is not an easy task. The owner has to take care of a lot of factors. One of them is the proper maintenance of all commercial kitchen equipment. While these modes of mechanization are meant to carry heavy workload on a daily basis, eventually they also wear and tear. For the best interest, it is necessary to adopt measures to prevent their breakage and prolong its lifespan as much as possible.
In this blog, we have mentioned some smart practices that every big commercial kitchen owner should follow to minimize future hazards while using the conveyor type dishwasher.
1. Scraping the debris and food particles off the dishes and plates : Every busy kitchen can get a lot hectic when the work pressure increases. But even during the busiest times, you must take every step so that the equipment works satisfactorily. One of the ways the staff members can prolong the working period of these machines is by cleaning off all the food particles left on the dishes before placing the warehousing inside the conveyor dishwasher. By doing this, you can reduce the number of food particles and oil residue from entering the dishwasher. Or else you have to face unwanted issues like the clogging of the nozzles, filter etc.
2. Following the manual is a must : Not all machines/appliances can be figured out on their own. Therefore, it is important that the staff members read the manual properly before taking any action. If you have committed to cleaning the online conveyor type dishwasher machine, it is better that you read the manufacturer’s instructions first. You do not want to create an accident by putting some dangerous chemical on your hands. You can follow an easy/quick to read user manual which has been tailored specifically for the employees to use during maintenance.
3. Inspecting the dish racks regularly : To be able to carry out daily activities with ease and without any hindrance, the staff members should check the dishwasher racks daily. These racks are usually coated with paint for protection and to save them from damage. Sometimes the rust or the chipped pieces can cause damage to the pumps or clog the filters. IF the racks get damaged, the functioning becomes very expensive and difficult to use. One way is to coat the areas which have been damaged using a waterproof food grade paint or replace them with new racks.
4. Cleaning the filter : Checking the filter regularly for any clogging help in maintaining the lifespan of the appliance. This is why the staff should clean the filters once after every 20 rinses. Use a soft brush to remove dirt, never beat the filter or else it will get broken.
5. Replacing the tank : You should empty and refill the tanks with the help of fresh water twice every day or after every 20 cycles of rinsing. Cleaning the interiors of the tank is also important. This way bacterial growth will be prevented and the machine will no longer draw filthy water.
Commercial appliances used in commercial kitchens will only deliver a good performance when you take care of it accurately. In this way, the working of every restaurant becomes successful.