Published on April 13th, 2016 | By Admin
The good thing about the small business owners is that most of them enter into a line of business that manifests the hobbies that they have weakness for. Initially an enthusiast may feel reluctant in transforming his whims into a tangible idea for the fear that it may be a resounding “Flop”. In some cases, as in case of a bakery, starters may feel overconfident that managing commercial kitchen equipment would solely take them to the heights of success. Well, it may turn out to be true sometimes, but generally it is not a cup of tea for anyone and everyone.
There are certain things that may be called the unofficial and unsaid but essential requisites of becoming the ‘Master of a Bakery’:
- You ought to bake, eat and sleep and breathe bakeries before launching yourself in a trade. If you are the one who nurtures his hobby for years and years and still feels that it can be continued for umpteenth of years, you are right there, where you need to be. Yes that doesn’t mean actually that you should be an obsessed maniac, though that won’t be minded by anyone if you are. Jokes apart, the crux is you should be love what you are about to do in the first place.
- It would be really an added advantage if you have got some kind of vocational training in this regard. The training may give you an edge over your competitors. For e.g. having a course on cake decorating and then starting a cake shop would make the leads think highly of you. This is because not many of the people who open such a shop are educated in that particular field.
- The folks, who jump into this bandwagon by chance, should mind that their affair with quality can only take them places. Putting hard work is alright but compromising with quality of ingredients and commercial kitchen equipment, may not provide likeability to your products. Even if it does initially, the charm would fade in no time. People would flock forever and won’t mind to shell out more.
- Online promotions are the needs of every trade, be it worthy or futile. Getting a website designed and building an online brand through social posts, are a priority that can’t be skipped in an era of the Facebooks and the Twitters. Also do not forget the good old newspapers which have their own reach.
- Make yourself financially sound enough to afford a trusted and durable hot cooking range from a supplier who has some reputation in the market or whom you can rely upon. Good weapons can only fire effective shots. Thus, the cooking range, which is capable of producing hygienic and quality stuffs in lesser time and with energy efficiency, should be your target.
- Recognise your USP, which can lead you to the stairs of success. This is utterly important. A hype created is of no use when there is nothing beneath, Likewise, there should be some area which can give you a strong hold. That may be some exotic flavours or some unique cooking process or an innovation that cannot be imagined by your rivals.