Top 6 Tips to Consider Before Buying Restaurant Equipment
Published on October 8th, 2015 | By Admin
Commercial kitchen equipment is mandatory if you are initiating a restaurant business. You must be planning to serve different meals and beverages to your guests. Apart from basics, suitable and properly installed kitchen equipment can be your serving aid.
Let’s read about the top five things you should consider while buying commercial kitchen appliances & tools.
- While buying equipment for your kitchen, ensure that you are buying commercial-grade equipment. These are easier to clean, much more durable, and better competent to bear the rigors of an industrial kitchen.
- While purchasing appliances and equipment buy new equipment. However, price can be an issue if you do not have much resource. You do not have to buy all the equipment at a time. Get the essential ones first. Used restaurant equipment is less reliable and there will be no warranty. On the other hand, new equipment will be in excellent shape and will come with a factory warranty.
- While you are getting different types of restaurant equipment, pay special attention to the utility things, which include water supply, gas, and electrical fixtures. Availability of these things is important.
- While buying equipment for your restaurant, it is vital to set and stay within a budget. Make sure that you are not overspending for any of the equipment. If you do not have an investor or you do not have enough capital, you can think about taking lease from vendors.
- It is important to make proper measurements before buying any restaurant equipment. Make sure that you know the measurement of the main entrance. The equipment should fir through the entrance. Go for smaller unit equipment. Before installing, keep minimum two inches gap between all equipment.
- ENERGY STAR competent restaurant equipment is a bit expensive. Nevertheless, the cost can be recovered with saving your electrical energy amount. You can cut down the electricity bills end of the day.
Last but not the least, while purchasing any of the restaurant equipment, you should always check the warranty information. Do inspect all the equipment before installing in the kitchen, and maintain the safety instructions while utilizing them.